I’ve been tagged by Theresa at Pondering the Myriad Things for a “Six Quirky Things MEME.”
Here are the rules of the meme:
1. Link to the person that tagged you. 2. Post the rules on your blog. 3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. 4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. 5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Here are my six quirky non-important habits/things:
1) One of my favorite words is “groovy;” I use it all the time (and I get some very unusual looks!) I was a child (still spitting up) in the 60’s, but have been using this term since junior high. I think I just liked the song “Feelin’ Groovy.”
2) I generally get up about 4am (although I’ve been “sleeping in” until 5am with the house so cold.) No reason – I just wake up – and when I wake up… I WAKE UP! However, I get tired much earlier than most and I find it difficult to stay alert for meetings and events that go past 8pm. Sometimes I feel like I fit right in with the 70-year-olds out there.
3) I could have an inch of dust on any service in my house and it wouldn’t bother me. But, if a painting is askew on the wall, my whole sense of balance is off.
4) I have these “food things.” I can eat just about anything, then one day the sight of bread will make me sick, and I won’t eat it for three months – in any form. Eggs – same thing – I’ll eat them from time-to-time, then all of a sudden the thought of an egg just turns my stomach and I could go six or eight months without eating one. At one time the only food that I could force myself to eat was microwave popcorn, and I ate that for three months – and nothing else.
5) I find it very difficult to fall asleep without a tv on. The background noise and light is comforting. Those nights without electricity (by choice or because of an outage) I turn the radio on and keep a flashlight turned on toward the ceiling.
6) I find a strange enjoyment in trying to use less gas, electricity, etc. each month and increasing the recycling. I love competing with myself and others out there. Of course, many of the folks who read this blog probably wouldn’t think it that quirky because many of you are doing the same thing. But, let’s face it – that makes us all a little quirky!
So now to tag six ‘random’ people. Random? I guess I will tag some folks and sites I haven’t tagged before, and have just recently discovered, and see what happens:
1) Tracy in Nebraska at The Glom Shelter
2) Cindy in Florida at WasteWearDaily
3) Summer from California at Jaded Thea
4) Pea in Texas at Mustard Seed Journal
5) Bryan in Australia at My Fair Share
6) CindyW from the Bay Area of California, one of the contributors at Organic Picks