I have been tagged by Simply Authentic for a Six Random Things post.
The rules are:
Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write six random things about yourself.
Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
SIX RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME:
- I’m a very early riser. I usually wake up (without the assistance of an alarm clock) about 4 or 5 am. This also means that I get tired early and so by 8 pm (just as many people I know are sitting down for dinner) and am ready to go to sleep.
- I am terrified of flying. I’ve done it a number of times, and was just 4 months old the first time I flew. But, from the time I was in Junior High until the present, whenever I fly (and trust me, it rarely happens) it is with the help of a doctor prescribed “happy pills” and lots of alcohol (and, yes, I know I’m not supposed to mix the two… but I don’t think people are supposed to fly, either… so there!)
- I grew up in Minnesota and was taught to carry survival supplies in the trunk of your car should I ever get stranded in a snow storm. I have since moved to Missouri, and with the advent of cell phones the likelihood of being stranded for too long is slim, but I still carry my emergency supplies in the trunk of my car… everything from a 25′ jumper cable to a tent, sleeping bags, a snowmobile suit, an extra heavy coat, gloves, extra socks, candles and matches and some food and water. Seriously, I could decide to go camping out of the blue and I’d be ready!
- I’m a dog person. I love dogs and they love me. Every dog that runs away from home within a four-block radius ends up at my doorstep. Dogs come to me when I call – even strays. They must sense that they will get loved on if they come to me.
- I use the word “groovy” a great deal. I think I should have come of age in the 60’s (instead of being born in that decade). There was so much passion then… besides, I an earth mother/flower child kinda gal who has been involved in a number of protests and activist activities… I think I would have fit right in.
- When I was a child I wanted to be like Quincy – the medical examiner who solved crimes. I liked the idea so much I was pre-med in college. When all the classes and lab time and study time didn’t jive with my working 20-30 hours per week to pay for school (and still achieve those three hours of sleep each night), I dropped the idea of becoming a doctor and went into a field with a less taxing educational requirement. I still wonder what my life would be like if I had actually gone on to med school.
So, TAG, the following people are “It” (I know, the rules say send it to six people, but most of the blogs I read on a daily basis have done something like this already):
(2) Jackie at Jaxthoughts because I’d like to hear more from her.
(3) Jim at Of Course It’s Boring, Idiot