- My friend is now home from the hospital.
- I saw my first hummingbird of the season today – just outside my bedroom window.
- The robin’s nest on the gutter downspout just outside my bedroom window now has baby robins in it. I haven’t seen them yet, but I’ve seen the mama bird feeding the bottom of the nest.
- My black raspberry plants now have tons of buds on them. I counted 50 sets of 8 or 10 berry buds on one cane alone. I have over 25 canes. Even if the birds get a few, I will still have lots of berries to eat, freeze, make into jam and even share. The canes I planted in the backyard of two of my friend’s also have buds.
- I helped two friends plant a very small garden in their city yard. Three tomato plants, three egg plants, five pepper plants, five bush bean plants, a packet of lettuce and two seed packets of basil (love that pesto!) They are really excited about having their first garden!
- Besides the above mentioned friends, I have two other friends who have asked me to help them start a garden this year. I love the excitement around gardening!
- A friend is coming over to help me weed around the “pond” so that I can get soil in that area next week. One week from Saturday we are all getting together to plant – and I’d prefer that we not have to make too many trips to the compost site on that day.
- Another friend owes me time (and his truck) to move dirt for around the “pond” and to create a garden.
- A friend from church has invited me over to his house this evening to teach me how to cook. We will be making Indian food. If anyone can teach me, I’m guessing it is him.
So Much Good!
April 30, 2009 by artbystrongheart