Oh, the joys of a restful weekend.
had a cup of coffee
read a chapter in the book “Middlesex” (an incredibly well written book.)
- picked up senior meals for my 100-year-old friend and then unpacked them into her freezer
- cleaned the gutters on the back of the house (it had been two years because I really dislike climbing on ladders) and sprayed them clean
- pulled weeds – mostly the poison ivy I had left throughout the gardens to pull while wearing gloves (like I use when cleaning out the gutters)
- trimmed back a few tree branches that were growing too close to the house
- cleaned my air conditioning unit like the heating and air conditioning repair person showed me a few years ago
- spray painted my kitchen storm door a hunter green (it was black) to match my roof and window trim.
- painted the windows and outside window sills on the front of the house – they are cottage windows and a bit of a pain to paint
- caulked around windows and the kitchen door
- painted my concrete stoop (2 hours!)
ordered and ate Chinese food for dinner
watched the last DVD in the “Tales of the City” series
took a nap
went to bed